Irish Association of Toronto
An Cumann Éireannach Toronto
The Irish Association of Toronto/ An Cumann Eireannach Toronto supports the Irish community and Irish expatriates in and around the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) by offering links to businesses and services that serve the Irish community in Toronto, and arranging social activities for fun and networking. We're returning to having regular pub nights and will do so four times a year.
The Irish Association of Toronto promotes Irish cultural activities in the Greater Toronto Area and we would be happy to help spread the word about your Irish event – please see our contact page to get in touch.
Please join our group through the facebook and meetup links on this page. We use the meetup group for important email notices, and we use the facebook group for community chat and peer to peer advice. Our association has paired with the Ireland Fund of Canada Young Professionals for pub events, where we can meet in person and connect on a social and cultural level.
- If you join us on meetup, you will receive email notices of events in the Irish community.
- Any of our members are free to send an email to the entire Meetup group if they have information they want to share.
- The facebook group is mostly used to find accommodation and/or jobs within the Irish community, as well as general community chat.
- There is also social peer advice on filling out the visa forms for immigrating to Canada.
- The Twitter sites is run by the Cross Care Migrant Project.
- They provide information to Irish immigrants returning to Ireland and also to Irish emigrants leaving Ireland.
- The Cross Care Migrant Project also produces a very useful newsletter with highly relevant information.
- The LinkedIn site is run by the Irish Executives Group.
- This is an international group for all Irish Executives across the globe, and they host a once yearly symposium in Ireland.